Can I force my landlord to fix our yard?

My girlfriend and I recently moved to Florida. We’re renting out a 2 bedroom house and we have an emotional support dog. For a while we’ve been noticing some trash in the backyard but nothing too crazy until recently. The more it rains, the more stuff gets unearthed, including broken glass, electrical wires, and lots of other stuff that is potentially dangerous for our dog to step on. We think our yard is almost entirely fill soil from when a septic tank was covered. Our lease requires us to maintain the yard, but there’s no way it involves picking up piles and piles of trash right? We’ve been texting our landlord asking him to come up with a game plan and he has only said “Ok I’ll get around to it.” Are there any laws about something like this???



Submitted August 19, 2022 at 04:37PM by RecognitionThat5789 https://ift.tt/Z2xeQOF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UK Property Law questions

Convert sump pump into lift station?

Septic tank won’t pump out