WIBTA If I confronted the people I dogsat for?
I (19NB) offered myself for a dog sitting job to close family friends while they went on a vacation out of the country.
For clarifications sake, I’ll be referring to the dogs as P (12M) and K (1-3??M). V (21F) is K’s owner.
I came in at the start of the week, was shown the ropes of the house, and wrote my own personal notes on what to do with the dogs. I started noticing some behaviors from K that I felt were quite abnormal. K would constantly mount P, trapping him into corners to do so. K would also constantly dirty the house even if I had taken him on a walk. I didn’t want to pay too much mind to it all, they aren’t my dogs after all, but it all became worse as the days flew by. K would scrummage through the garbage and grab…unsanitary items from the bin and then proceed to rip and shred them all across the house. His accidents got worse. His aggression towards P got worse. When he would pick things up that weren’t for him to have, he would lunge and bite if you tried to remove them from him. He was constantly ripping every single one of P’s plushes he could get his paws on.
This all piled on until the last day of my dogsitting. I woke up to K running onto my bed and smearing poo on everything. I scrambled out of bed, got him off the bed, and went to check on the state of the house as I usually did. The entire house was covered in poop and pee and smelled like a septic tank. My mom came to help and we proceeded to clean everything we could. I went to petco and got a doggy diaper for K to prevent further accidents. We put the doggy diaper on K after I took him for an uneventful long walk (he did not poo at all) and hoped for the best. Not five minutes after we had come back to the home and had placed the diaper on him, he went to the carpet and started pooping all over it THROUGH the diaper, making sure that I was watching him before he started it. It was like he was taunting me and my mom.
Then, the damn dog bit my mom while we tried to remove the diaper. He lunged like he had done all week and my mom wasn’t able to retreat her finger in time. My mom went to visit a local Urgent Care as the bite had swelled up really bad. She was prescribed antibiotics and wasn’t able to regain full range of motion in her finger until 2 weeks after the fact.
I don’t want to cause unnecessary drama and a drift in my mom’s friendship with V’s mom, but I really don’t want to see K be put down or V suffering from anything that K might pull in the future if not properly disciplined and trained. I’ve also heard from my mom that V’s mom says V can be quite aggressive when confronted. V’s mom was even kind enough to pay me $500 for the job. WIBTA if I wrote a letter detailing all of this for the safety of K and V?
Submitted July 22, 2022 at 10:30AM by CrescentMoon314 https://ift.tt/kzc6jOQ
Comments
Post a Comment