This Town Is Beneath Me
I hate this town so much that I decided to become mayor of it. This town is beneath me, always was. I knew one day I'd be in the position to make this town suffer. What a pathetic, shameful excuse for a town.
My youth was a wretched existence. I was removed from my abusive father and he was arrested. Years later he disappeared. Whatever happened to him, he deserved worse. From there I was placed in foster care with a horrible woman that tried to starve me to death. Her brat kids got to watch her die by being electrocuted on a frayed wire of the vacuum. Accidents do happen, sometimes to the worst people.
I worked my way through the ranks of the lumber mill. I was successful in forming a workers union between the lumber mill and paper mill. With that success and influence I had political clout. Eventually I ran for mayor of this miserable town and won.
With my success, I commissioned a house to be built. I used different contractors on various sections of the house, especially the attic which was made to be a self contained living space. It has its own septic system.
It's a shame how people disappear around here. There were dead girls found in the forest but it wasn't my doing. That made me smile though. The people of this town don't care unless it's their kin. They will pay for ignoring my abuse.
I've been having fun for a while now. Taking a homeless or perhaps a druggie, just for practice. My real delight is finding a vulnerable, contributing citizen to be my prey.
They trust me until it's too late. Then they find themselves in my attic, bound and gagged. Some I skin alive while others are gutted. I waste little and the rest goes down to the septic tank. I'm getting pretty good at this.
I walk across the attic floor to the only window which overlooks the valley of the town and the forest. "This town is beneath me," I chuckle as I curl my toes into the human skin rug under my feet. I look up just in time to see the window crack and then it goes black.
Two shots rang out from across the valley. The first shot went through the attic window and through the mayor's skull. The second shot punctured the house's heating oil tank, creating a huge explosion that ripped through the mayor's house. The ruined structure burned down in flames.
A mile away a man in camo was perched in a tree and ejected a spent cartridge. He quickly disassembled his tree stand then jogged down the trail to where he made camp. He packed up and headed down the trail, leaving behind a fire ring and the appearance that a hiker made a stop. He smirked and scratched a name off his list that's titled, "The Shame Of Shame".
Submitted July 23, 2022 at 06:33AM by putzpop https://ift.tt/Ih7Zw5E
Comments
Post a Comment